Monday, November 7, 2011

October Recap

If I don't recap I'll never remember what I did.

Mike and I went to a hockey game with people from work. It was at Harbor Yard, Bruins vs. Islanders. Unfortunately the Bruins won, and Mike kept everyone entertained by constantly starting a "Let's go Whalers" chant. We also went to.the Hamden Elks Club to see a comedy show thanks to Captain O.

I tried to get my license changed so I could finally be Mrs. Cook officially. It's already taken me 2 months so what's the rush, right? Well we planned to go to AAA on a Saturday. We get there, pay, wait in line. Only to find out that since the new "secure license" started, they have to validate your license and Social Security isn't open on Saturday. So I waited for nothing and had to remind them to give me my money back. After that fiasco we figured we would just run to the DMV and see what's what. Well, as luck would have it, the Waterbury DMV is under renovation. So that day was a bust. Luckily there is a AAA in Hamden near work. So I left a little early and wham bam, an hour later I finally had my new name! Of course it wasn't without incident, but whatever.

I swam a few times this month. I'm just too tired after work to change, swim and change again. But I'm trying. Kim had a Dove Chocolate Party. We went to that. We tried lots of yummy stuff. Mike had me buy him mix to make chocolate peanut butter cup smoothies. I also went to my bookkeepers forum. Exciting!

We spent the day together at Grams for her birthday. It was the first time we've had a family gathering since we got married. And how can we forget the freak, record breaking snow storm that had us with out power and postponed Halloween.

Cardinals beat Texas for the World Series! Football is in full swing.

But perhaps most importantly we had baby appointments. And we had the big anatomy scan. Everything was looking good and measuring on time. And that we are having a girl.

It's been another busy month. Let's see what November holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment