Thursday, January 19, 2012

December Recap .... A LITTLE LATE!

We had 3 birthday's in December. Samuel, Elena and Ian all turned a year older. We had Ian's birthday party at the house. The grandparents were there. He wanted cupcakes instead of cake so that is what we got him. Other than that it was finger food. Unfortunately, Sam & Elena both live in CO so we sent them cards.

We had 2 baby appointments in December. Both were just routine checks. She is doing great and growing well. I also had to take the Glucose test again, and once again, I PASSED! Thank goodness no more nasty orange drink. UGH!

December is the month of parties. Mike and I went to the Whitney Center party that they held at Woodwinds in Branford. It was nice, we had a good time. Finally had some time to talk with Bill (my BFF) and Mike talked sports with Joe (Steph's husband). Unfortunately when we were leaving I started to feel sick. And I barely got the truck door open in time. Later in the month we celebrated at work, just the accounting office. Everyone brought food, I brought a veggie platter. We did a secret santa and I got $10 to Olive Garden. Both of the big bosses gave us gift certificates (Dunkin Donuts and Walmart). So it was a good day.

We tried to keep the boys busy this month. We took them and Victoria to see the lights at Hubbard Park. We took all of them to Santa's Village in town. We had hot chocolate and got candy canes there. We also took the boys to a Breakfast with Santa. I was Santa'd out by the end.

Mike and I got our tree. He told me 5 feet max, but it was more like 6 feet. It didn't fall down one time this year! Victoria came over and helped Mike decorate it while I unwrapped the ornaments. We also put up the boys tree.

Mike and I went to our first Quinnipiac Hockey game. Thanks again to Dennis. And they won! It's always nice when they win. Victoria and I went to our annual Women's Night in Wallingford. Stephanie's church does it every year. We make a craft, have a nice dinner, their are people selling things and we watch a play. Victoria looks forward to it every year.

Unfortunately right before Christmas, my good friend, Ruth Murray, passed away unexpectedly. She is still very much missed and loved.

BRING ON 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment