Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baseball season is officially over

It's official. Baseball season is done for 2011. Although the Yankees didn't make it past the playoffs, I still kept track of what was happening and was just hoping against one team winning. I was hoping everyday since playoffs started that Texas would be knocked out. I don't know what it is in particular that I don't like about the Texas Rangers, I just don't like that. I dislike the Boston Red Sox way more but they are second. So I was not happy when they beat Detroit and made it to the World Series. That is when I made the switch and temporarily became a National League fan. I just didn't want it to be Texas. So the St. Louis Cardinals became my dog in the fight. And of course, Mike, who is a NL fan wanted Texas to win. All because he is a Nolan Ryan fan. Weirdo. I'm just convinced he wants the opposite of what I want. Either way, if the Cardinals were going to lose they were going to make Texas earn this Series. Each game went back and fourth with who won. It was brought all the way to tonight, Game 7, the final chance. Finally earlier today when we all started talking about it being D Day, I was resigned to the fact that if Texas won, the earned it and I was alittle less upset but still having faith in the Cardinals. If Texas won it wasn't an easy series, the Cardinals clawed their way to the end and all 7 games would be played. But alas, game 7 was just as frustrating as the previous games. This would have been Texas' first World Series Championship. But alas, the Cardinals didn't let me down! Maybe next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment