Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Headaches...holy hell

I'm having a hard time with having a headache everyday. And it's an even worse day when the stupid headaches turn into absolutely horrible migraines. Before being pregnant I had headaches all the time. From the time I was young I have been having migraines. A few years ago the migraines were getting alot more frequent. I started seeing a neurologist. They did a few tests. And in the end the answer is that I'm apparently just going to be miserable with these crappy headaches and migraines. They did put me on a daily medication to try to control the migraines. After a few months I was maxed out on that medication. And had another prescription pill for when the migraines did get through. Up until then, whenever I got a headache I took tylenol and motrin. Of course, since I started so young by now I'm taking 3 tylenol and 4 motrin. And sometimes a couple times a day. I may not have working kidneys or a liver someday but I won't have a headache. But since being pregnant, no more daily medication or break threw pills. And unfortunately I can't take the tylenol and motrin like I did before. But lucky me still gets the headaches and frequent migraines. The first trimester the doctors said all I could really do was take a tylenol (not 3) and drink soda. Some headaches that helped, most it did not. And if a migraine happened I was stuck in bed for 2 days straight. I had the blinds closed, tv off, air conditioner and fan blasting and hugging a giant ice pack to my head. After that for 2 days I would be able to go back to work. Once I got to the second trimester the doctor said I could keep drinkinh the soda, taking the 1 tylenol and can have 1 motrin. I just can't take motrin everyday. So if it's a regular headache I just take tylenol. But if it's a migraine or heading in that direction, on comes the motrin. With doing this I'm able to still kinda function at work which is better than 2 days in bed. I drink 1 soda a day. It helps keep the migraines at bay and if I'm really lucky, gives me a rare headache free day! Unfortunately today is not one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment