Wednesday, October 26, 2011

When sleeping dogs won't lie

Boomer turned 5 years old in September. I can't believe how fast time is flying. But unfortunately tonight is dragging.

I went to sleep 5 hours ago and have  to wake up in 4 hours to go to work. 9 hours of sleep may sound like a lot. But add being pregnant, having a cold and a headache and 9 hours isn't enough. Especially when you are lucky if you can go longer than 45 minutes without getting up to pee!

On top of that, Mike is working tonight like he has the last 3 nights. Normally Boomer would stay at my moms house when Mike works overnight. But Monday night Boomer stayed home without any problem. Tonight is another story. I guess last night was a fluke.

Ever since Mike has been living with us Boomer has been his shadow. And when Mike's not home all Boomer does is bark. He thinks every little noise is Mike coming home. Now this constant barking would be bad enough during the day, but at night it's absolutely unbearable.

Everytime I'm almost asleep he thinks he hears Mike. And it's a bark that would wake the dead. It scares the crap out of me and makes my heart pound everytime. Be startled awake many times a night along with peeing, having a cold, headache and being pregnant does not lead to a happy or well rested Peggy.

So Mike hurry up home and Boomer, GO TO SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment