Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Another Day...Another 17 Feet of SNOW!

I'm really starting to get tired of this snow. Don't get me wrong, I was tired of it like 4 weeks ago. But at this point, you really can't blame all those people in your lives that ran away to warmer climate. You can only do what I do, hope that there is a miracle and a freak storm hits their part of the country and disrupts the crap out of their lives because you know those states are sure as heck not ready for the garbage that's been thrown at us. For the love of all things holy, we aren't even prepared for all the white hell (or as Bear calls it "white money") that has been thrown at us. For some parents, they will be blessed with their children going to school during February vacation and a little longer in the summer.

Unfortunately, this weather started creating havoc in my life on December 27th, 2010. A day I most certainly will never forget. And the situation is still not solved. Before that fateful day, weather was never an issue for me getting to and home from work. When I was married (that's another blog for another day!) my ex-husband would have me drive his truck on days like this. It had studded tires on it so as long as you went slow and steady, you would get where you needed to go. He would get a ride with a friend. When I made the decision to leave in 2009 I knew I had to trade my car in for something that I could drive all year long that would get from A to B, safely! So I got the SUV I wanted in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I know there is no perfect vehicle. I know that no matter what, you need to use your judgement, drive slow and be careful. Anything can happen. But it got me everywhere I needed to go and then some. 

On this particular day, I left for work. It was snowing like a bad word. But I was ready. Driving slow, no one was on the road. I knew I was in for a long commute, heck on a normal day I drive atleast an hour. I get to a point on 63 where a street has a stop sign to enter the road I'm traveling on. And as my luck would have it, no one is on the road, but a STATE TROOPER! Who is coming down that one street, to that one stop sign and guess what??? She can't stop at the stop sign and goes right across the road, right in front of me. So there we are ladies and gents...a loverly little accident. 

It was a mess, but fortunately we were both okay for the most part. Both went to the hospital. I had a hematoma (sp?) that was on my chest from the seat belt. Took about a month to go away. I still get pain there. My car is just about ready. $8,000 in damage. FUN FUN FUN. And we will be going to court because they aren't claiming fault. So, I lost time at work, no payment for medical bills, damage to my car, obviously and so on. And when you are missing time because you are hurt and then because of weather and you don't have the appropriate car to drive, you can only image the financial issues that creates. So we are hanging in there. It can only get better right???

I thought 2009 was gonna get better after I left my ex. I did get my own place. And I was technically out of the marriage. So it didn't get worse. But it wasn't necessarily better.

I thought 2010 HAS got to better. The divorce finally went through. But I turned 30. I ended up being in an abusive relationship. But got much closer to Bear (love you). Found the love of my life (Michael <3). And then I got into the horrible accident at the end of the year. So it wasn't necessarily better.

So then I think 2011 had to better, but now I'm gonna go with 2011 can't be worse. I think that is a better way to go for right now. It's only February 1 and I'm still dealing with the accident. Don't have my SUV back. Still not out of the money hole from the accident. My job seems to be good. We should all be moving into private offices later this year (we will see). But we have already lost 9 residents since January 1. So here's to hoping!




No comments:

Post a Comment