Monday, February 7, 2011

My best friend - Boomster

I have never liked dogs. And I mean NEVER! I hated them as a kid. Was chased by them. I had a boxer jump up on me and almost push me down the stairs. I've just never liked dogs. I've always been a cat person. Probably because cats take care of themselves. You can leave them alone for the weekend. They come around when they want to be bothered. Just make sure they have food and water. Clean out the litter box every now and then and you're good to go.

My brother and I had a cat when we were little. Patches. She was awesome. She just stayed to herself. For her entire life, she was a loner. She had 2 different times when she was very sick. Both times a vitamin shot brought her back to life. She made it until she was 18 years old. At the end all she did was cry and it was the hardest decision I ever had to make. But I couldn't let her be in pain any longer. Thank goodness I had my mother to take her to the vet because there was no way I could do it.

The one thing that made it easier to get through was my puppy. Yes, I said my puppy. A few months before my ex-husband had a brilliant idea to buy me a dog for Christmas. He got it from a breeder in Kansas. And we picked him up at the airport. Once I saw the puppy, it was love at first site. To be honest, I still don't like dogs. But I love Boomer with all my heart. I couldn't image life without him. He's my best friend, my baby. I talk to him all the time. He's always there for me. He has so many nicknames. I'm pretty sure the only time he's actually called Boomer is when he's in trouble.

He's always excited to see me, even if I just went to the bathroom. If he was in trouble he's still happy to see me. If I hurt him by accident, all he wants to do is lick me to show me it's ok. If he bites me while we are playing by accident, he licks me forever to say he's sorry. He just wants to cuddle and protect me. I'm his life and he is mine. He knows when I don't feel good and stays by myside and if I don't get out of bed all day, he stays right there with me.

He is always looking to make sure that I'm safe and it's my job to protect him from what he can't protect himself. I started that when I left my ex-husband. We are still dealing with Boomsters anxiety when he hears noises. And now he takes medication when there is gonna be thunder. He will probably always deal with this. But I will make sure he is never hurt again. He helped me get through leaving Doug, and I'm gonna make him feel safe.

My puppy is the bomb! I couldn't imagine life without him. Love you Boomster!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a dog person either but Boomer is a cool dog.

    I guess my version of Boomer is Buddy. He owes his live status to you because you gave him meaning. That and I have a great imagination. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy goes on my vacations than me. His scrapbook would be huge!

    ReplyDelete